Have you ever wondered if any notable New Zealanders are buried at Meadowbank’s local cemetery? Want to see a collection of vintage and modern day hearses? Are you interested in taking a respectful tour through the chapel and crematorium?
Then come along to the Purewa Cemetery Open Day!
Date: March 13, 2016
Location: Purewa Cemetery, Parsons Road, Meadowbank*
View the Purewa Cemetery Open Day Flyer (PDF)
Activities and itinerary
- Hearse collection – from vintage through to recent
- Vintage car collection
- ‘Famous and Infamous Tour’ – discover the final resting place of a few notable NZers while on a 60 minute guided tour. Tours at 11am and 12.30pm
- Chapel and Crematorium Tour at 2pm
- Afternoon tea at 3pm in the reception lounge (catered by Gatting’s)
- Find a resident with the help of the admin team
- Kids scavenger hunt
*Limited parking for mobility card holders and families with young children (under 2) at the Fancourt St entrance carpark. All others please kindly park on surrounding streets.
Purewa Cemetery’s open day answers questions about death and interment (Stuff.co.nz, 4 March 2016)