At this year’s AGM we’ll be seeking to elect several new committee members for the coming year, including a new Chairperson and Treasurer. If you’re interested in joining us, please read on!
Our outgoing Chair, Ruth Mackintosh is keen to fully support the new Chair in the role.
- Leads the committee
- Plans and facilitates
- Ensure adequate records of meetings are kept
- Makes sure decisions are actioned
- Share all necessary information with committee members
- Act as a spokesperson for the organisation
- Helps the committee to focus on achieving agreed-on goals
- Make emergency decisions between meetings in accordance with agreed-on procedure.
Our outgoing Treasurer, Matt, is happy to sit down with you and talk you through the process.
- Establishes policy and procedure
- Monitors and reports on income and expenditure of the group
- Keeps the committee informed of the organisation’s overall financial situation including progress budget
- Presents accounts at the AGM
- Prepares and presents funding applications on behalf of the organisation.
Attend monthly meetings (at least four in any six month period). Be an active participant. Be aware of the decisions we’re able to make as a committee. Work with other members to make progress towards our goals.
Nominations must be received by 5pm, 15 June 2016 to (Attention: Secretary).
New committee members and officers will be elected at our AGM on June 20.
Note: All officers and committee members must be fully paid-up members of the Association.