We are pleased to announce that our association now has a Transport Subcommittee.
The subcommittee will be led by Tim Duguid and Carmel Claridge, and will advocate for sensible local transport and parking options for Meadowbank and St Johns residents.
Meadowbank and St Johns Residents Association chair Ruth Mackintosh says the subcommittee will be a welcome addition to the association. “Transport is such a big topic in our area and one that people feel very passionately about. We need to manage high demands for parking, traffic and public transport in Meadowbank and St Johns, while ensuring it remains a pleasant place to live.”
Some of the big topics the new subcommittee will be involved in include:
- Tamaki Drive to Glen Innes Shared Walkway/Cycleway
- Auckland Transport’s Parking Discussion Document
- Parking outside the shops on St Johns Rd, including Meadow Restaurant
- St Johns corridor management plan
- Advocating for better management of busy local intersections, e.g. Norman Lesser Drive / St Johns Rd.